The classic margarita is smooth, fresh, and a fantastic complement to your favorite food. If you are conscious about your health, the sugar and calories quickly add up after just a few drinks. The skinny margarita is a perfect solution. This cocktail is also really simple to make and requires only three ingredients. Who doesn’t love easy, three-ingredient cocktails?
I’m sharing the skinny margarita recipe inspired by my favorite Mexican fusion restaurant and bar—Mesa Urbana. They prepare gourmet Mexican food but they’re also known for their freshly squeezed juice cocktails. They serve my favorite skinny margarita. My husband and I used to go to their suburban location all the time and we would sit at the bar, eat dinner, and order drinks.
During the pandemic, I would order carryout to enjoy our favorite dishes and drinks from the comfort of our kitchen (which also is my office during the day). At the time, they couldn’t sell cocktail kits with alcohol, so I would pick up dinner and their skinny margarita mix to make my own at home. The bartender knew us from our prior visits and told me how to make the margarita myself. It was so simple I couldn’t believe it!
So instead of creating a subpar drink with a sugary prepared cocktail mix, why not treat yourself to a light, low-sugar margarita with fresh lime juice and real tequila?
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 1/2 oz. Inspiro Tequila
- 1 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 oz. agave syrup, to taste
- Use the large side of a jigger to pour one serving of tequila. If you don’t have a jigger, measure out 1.5 oz. of tequila.
- Pour 1.5 oz. of lime juice. For the freshest taste, squeeze your limes just before mixing your cocktail.
- Measure out 0.5 oz of agave syrup. You can use the small side of a jigger to do so — use about half of the small side.
- Shake and pour over ice in a margarita glass.
The result is a fail-proof simple margarita that tastes light and refreshing. It’s a great way to feel like you’re eating at a restaurant without stepping out of your home. If you make this drink, be sure to tag us @inspirotequila with the hashtag #drinkinspiro. We love seeing all of your creations!